1. Have you read the Whale Oil book? No – I haven’t read the book
2. Did the author, publisher or Blomfield ask for your permission to be quoted / included in the book? No – I was not asked permission. Blomfield had advised me that a book was being written but I was never asked to be quoted and didn’t know I would feature.
3. When you met Blomfield were you aware that you were being recorded? (The audio appears in the discovery file from the defendants) No – I was not informed or asked if it was okay. It was covertly recorded as there were no obvious recording devices placed in front of me.
4. What messages did you provide to Blomfield, and or the author and publishers that were from the Police investigation? This is a long time ago – so I cannot be absolute – but I don’t recall giving anything to Blomfield other than sending him letters updating him on the progress of his complaint. I had no contact with the author or publishers. I would suggest that if Police advise there are no messages – then I would not have given him any – as they do not exist. From memory – I do not recall there being any messages. Is there reference to them in Blomfield’s covert audio of our conversation?
5. The reason for my concern, and I am sure you can appreciate this, is that that book states that you had seen messages between myself and Cameron Slater that purport to be arranging the alleged hit on Blomfield at his home. I don’t believe so – but I haven’t read the book